IAGSDC History Wiki Status
From IAGSDC History
(Redirected from What's New)Jump to navigationJump to search
2022 August: Jim Babcock
- Photos of the Memorial Panels, including the new fifth panel, taken in Minneapolis were uploaded.
- Memorial Panel Names updated with the location of the 168 badges added in Minneapolis.
- Profiles for Honky Tonk Queens, and their social secretaries/alter-egos, were enhanced with photos.
2022-03-01: Jim Babcock
- Pam Clasper created the Style Guide page which will be a "how to" guide for creating content consistently across the wiki
2021-11-09: Jim Babcock
- new wiki URL redirected to www.iagsdchistory.org
- old wiki URLs return "404 Not Found" errors. Working to create redirects for the legacy URLs.
2021-10-31: Jim Babcock
- Testing is complete.
- IMPORTANT! A new feature, MediaViewer, allows image previews without navigating to the file history page. One may scroll through all the photos on a given page. There seems to be a glitch in that smaller images do not properly display in some browsers (Chrome, Edge) and an error message is generated. If this happens, simply click the blue "More details" button to view the image. Using the Firefox browser is recommended to avoid imaging errors.
2021-10-11: Jim Babcock
- Upgrade and migration completed to the latest version with a new hosting service, MyWikis.com, which includes automatic daily backups and SSL certificate. This is funded for two years by All Join Hands.
- This latest and greatest general release (1.34.5) includes a search module called CirrusSearch, which is a front-end for ElasticSearch. This plan also includes the Visual Editor that has been much desired.
- Our Images folder (where all content files are kept) has grown to 3.3 GB, and our database, originally 3 MB, is now 233.8 MB. (The database is where all of the text and formatting XML for each page is kept.)
2018-08-19: Allan Hurst
- Completed a nearly two-month-long migration from an old hosting account to a new cPanel-based hosting account (both on GoDaddy).
- This was a long and ugly upgrade. Allan paid GoDaddy $100 twice to migrate the wiki, and both times the migrated wiki didn't work because the software we originally installed was too old to run on the newer version of PHP on the new hosting account. Allan eventually received a refund from GoDaddy and handled the in-place upgrade to the current version of MediaWiki himself.
- The upgrade to the current version (1.31.0) of MediaWiki also required replacing the ConfirmAccount and EmbedVideo extensions, and running the installation/upgrade (.../mw-config/update.php) several times.
- Many thanks to Shawn DeGuanno of GoDaddy for patiently helping Allan through the above process.
2017-05-16: Allan Hurst 20:35, 16 May 2017 (MST)
- Medallion database upload/editing in progress by Pam Clasper.
- Videos added to [[HTQ] section.
- Uploaded new article Overview of LGBTQ Square Dancing and linked to main page.
- Added page for the IAGSDC History Project's logo and inserted link to that page under the main page's logo.
2010-04-17: Allan Hurst 06:45, 18 April 2010 (UTC)
- Added Wiki Basics to Main Page.
- Added link to Wiki Basics on How to convert a HTML or Excel/OpenOffice table into wiki format quickly and easily.
- Imported table of fly-ins into the West Coast A&C page.
2010-02-09: Allan Hurst 08:42, 10 February 2010 (UTC)
- Added content for Mae Thompson and Medallion pages, started filling out details on El Camino Reelers.
2010-02-08: Allan Hurst 23:06, 8 February 2010 (UTC)
- Moved everything off of the Main Page except section links. (A readable main page...what a concept!)
2010-02-01: Allan Hurst 18:11, 1 February 2010 (UTC)
- Added How To Gather Oral Histories
- I also announced the wiki's existence on my LiveJournal account, so we should see some actual traffic through here pretty soon. :)
2009-07-21: Allan Hurst 16:40, 23 July 2009 (UTC)
We have section editors assigned for the following topics:
- Awards (Section Editor=Andy Shore)
- Callers (Section Editor=Alan Hirsch)
- Events (Section Editor=Michael Spayd)
- IAGSDC (Section Editor=Jen Dadek)
- Clubs (Section Editor=Pam Clasper)
2009-07-04: (Allan Hurst 21:23, 5 July 2009 (UTC))
- Added articles for Ten Years IAGSDC book, including stubs for future articles on any Individuals, Callers, or Clubs mentioned in the book's table of contents.
2009-07-02: (Allan Hurst 21:23, 5 July 2009 (UTC))
- Initial Table of Contents published to Main Page.