Clubs & Associations
- founding member of Western Star Dancers
- attended the 1983 fly-in in Miami at which the IAGSDC was founded 
- one of the owners of the Golden Boot Ranch
This is the ninth one of these little babies I have produced. I am driven to do it each year because more and more gay square dancers grow to depend upon it. I guess the Travel Guide is a surrogate for my mothering instincts. In 1986, I decided to dedicate each edition to someone who has contributed substantially to our activity. The time has come to cease this annual acknowledgment because the efforts currently being exerted in the development of new clubs and the perpetuation of the existing ones is enormous and the responsibilities are being carried by a legion of volunteers.
So, this final dedication is to the several people who have for the longest period of time nurtured not only the gay square dance activity but also me personally. If everyone of you could have friends like SCOTT CAREY, ANNA DAMIANI, and JAMES FOWLE, you would love life, love each other, and most importantly love yourselves. It is impossible for me to feel alone or isolated. These people know my spirit and sense my needs. We are family. We are all Cancers. Need I say more? Thanks, dearest friends, for making me the "happiest [person] in the whole USA"
- served on the IAGSDC Executive Committee as Vice Chair, 1985-1986; Chair, 1986-1987
Golden Boot Award
In 1987, Dave "Happy" New Year presented Scott with the Golden Boot Award.
In 1988, Scott presented the award to Ken Pollack.
- 1993 | 10 Year Medallion at Remake The Circle
At Northstar Promenade, 1990
At Cast A Shadow In The Sun, 1991
At Diamonds In The Desert, 1992
At Track II Chicago, 1995
At Wheel & Deal, 1997
At Weave Your Heart in San Francisco, 2013
At Palm Springs Swing & Mix 2017, 2017
- ↑ Torres, Luis, compiler. Ten Years IAGSDC: A Collection of Pages From Our Memory Book, 1993, p.19
- ↑ Square Dance Travel Guide, July 1992