Take A Peak
37th Annual IAGSDC convention: Cancelled due to COVID-19.
Dates: 02-05 Jul 2020
Host hotel/venues: Hyatt Regency Denver
Hosting club: Rocky Mountain Rainbeaus
Convention committee title: Red Rocks & Purple Mountains, Inc.
Convention committee members:
- Kelly Shortandqueer, Co-Chair
- Rick Schoenhals, Co-Chair
- Brett Miller, Finance and Tours
- Cathy Sweeney, Events and Volunteers
- Dirk Wold, Callers and Schedule
- Doug Wiedeman, Marketing
- Mike Ashwood, Logistics
- Monica Feiler, Diversity and Inclusion
- Paul Rothe, Registration
- Jake McWilliams, Virtual Convention Coordinator
Calling staff: (as of July 2018)
- Sandie Bryant
- Deborah Carroll-Jones
- Vic Ceder
- Barry Clasper
- Dayle Hodge
- Bear Miller
- Gary Monday
- Anne Uebelacker
Commitment to Diversity
Take A Peak is committed to the creation of a safe, inclusive, environment, providing a harassment-free experience for everyone. We will not tolerate harassment of event participants in any form. Use of discriminatory language and imagery is never appropriate at Take A Peak.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to, offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, physical appearance, body size, race, national origin, religion, age, marital status, military status, or any other status protected by law; deliberate intimidation; stalking; following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact; display of offensive signs, gestures, etc. Attendees asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
- December 10, 2018: Take A Peak in Denver - December 2018 newsletter
- May 21, 2019: Time's almost up for ordering your 2020 merch!
- June 20, 2019: Take A Peak Summer Newsletter
- July, 12 2019: See you in Denver!
- July 29, 2019: Update about Take A Peak convention hotel
- September 4, 2019: September 2019 Take A Peak newsletter
- October 12, 2019: October 2019 Take A Peak newsletter
- November 22, 2019: November 2019 Take A Peak newsletter
- February 5, 2020: February 2020 Take A Peak newsletter
- March 8, 2020: The impact of COVID-19 on the Take A Peak Convention
- March 21, 2020: March 2020 Take A Peak newsletter
- March 30, 2020: Joint Statement from the Take A Peak Convention and IAGSDC Board
- April 27, 2020: Update from the Take A Peak Convention and IAGSDC Board
- May 11, 2020: Important Update: Take A Peak Cancellation Notice
- June 6, 2020: Take A Peak: Home Edition (virtual events, issue 1)
- June 14, 2020: Take A Peak: Home Edition (virtual events, issue 2)
- June 21, 2020: Take A Peak: Home Edition (virtual events, issue 3)
- June 28, 2020: Take A Peak: Home Edition (virtual events, issue 4)
- July 1, 2020: Take A Peak Refund Process
- July 2, 2020: Take A Peak: Home Edition (virtual events, issue 5)
- July 6, 2020: Take A Peak: Home Edition (virtual events, issue 6)
- July 13, 2020: Take A Peak: Home Edition (virtual events, issue 7)
- July 21, 2020: Take A Peak: Home Edition (virtual events, issue 8)
Tuesday, June 30, 2020
- Women’s Hospitality Suite: 6:00 – 7:00pm MDT
Wednesday, July 1, 2020 and March
- People of Color Hospitality Suite: 6:00 – 7:00pm MDT
Thursday, July 2, 2020
- Transgender / gender nonconforming / nonbinary hospitality suite: 6:00 – 7:00pm MDT
Friday, July 3, 2020
- Opening Ceremonies, Grand March, and Trail’s End Dance
- 6:00pm MDT – Opening Ceremonies and Grand March
- 7:00pm MDT: Trail’s End Dance (MS and Plus) featuring Darren Gallina, Kris Jensen, and Dayle Hodge
- This event is available online here.
Saturday, July 4, 2020
- Pajama Tip (Mainstream and Plus) Featuring Kris Jensen: 10:00 – 11:00am MDT - This event is available online here.
- Advanced and C1 Dance featuring Dayle Hodge: 12:00 – 1:00pm MDT - This event is online here.
- Banquet: 6:00pm MDT - This event is online here.
Sunday, July 5, 2020
- Self-Massage Workshop: 11:00am – 12:00pm MDT
- Take a PEEK, Magic Underpants Tip (MS and Plus) featuring Darren Gallina: 12:30 – 1:30pm MDT
- Closing Ceremonies: 2:00pm MDT - This event is online here.
- IAGSDC Delegates Meeting: 4:00 – 7:00pm MDT
Monday, July 6, 2020
- Recruitment and Retention in the COVID Era: 6:00 – 7:00pm MDT
Tuesday, July 7, 2020
- Future Convention Planners Meeting: 6:00 – 7:00pm MDT
Wednesday, July 8, 2020
- Showtunes Singalong: 7:00pm – 10:00pm MDT
Saturday, July 11, 2020
- GCA Anywhere Squares Virtual Dance: 12:00 – 3:00pm MDT
Sunday, July 12, 2020
- Gay Callers Association Annual Membership Meeting: 11:00am – 1:00pm MDT
- Game Night: 6:00 – 8:00pm MDT